Early Meter Read Fees
Why should you opt for an Early Meter Read?
Your transfer to Powerclub will occur at your next scheduled meter read. If your meter is read quarterly, your next scheduled meter read may be up to 90 days from the time you joined the Club. Opting for an Early Meter Read means that your meter will be read as soon as possible after your ten business day cooling-off period. Paying for this service helps you to switch to Powerclub faster, and start saving sooner!
You can find the date of your next scheduled meter read on your most recent electricity bill.
If you have a Smart Meter, your meter is remotely read every day. There is no need to get an Early Meter Read as your read will occur within a few days of your cooling off period. Most Victorians already have a Smart Meter.
All fees are effective as of 1 July 2020. All costs are including GST.
- A 'Manual Early Meter Read' occurs when your network has to visit your premises to obtain the read.
- A 'Remote Early Meter Read' occurs when your network has access to wireless technology and can access your meter
What do you need to do?
As you fill in your application to join the Club, select the option for an Early Meter Read, or contact our Member Advocate Team on 1300 294 459.
What else do you need to know?
- Powerclub passes on the standard network fees for your Early Meter Read and does not add any retail mark-up on top.
- All move-in meter read requests will be included on your first bill.
- If the meter technician attends the site and can not get access to your meter, your request will not be activated. You will incur any additional fees to secure your application.